IEE R10 Subsection activities in the Year 2019
Annual General Meeting
The first General meeting was held on 10th April 2019 with 10 members present. The main agenda of the meeting was to nominate the office bearers for the subsection. Four office bearers were nominated and endorsed by the members:
Chair – Mr. Roshan Chhetri, Asst. Professor Electrical Engineering Department , CST Vice Chair – Mr. Tandin Wangchuk, Lecturer IT Department, CST Secretary – Mr. Kamal Kumar Chapagai, Lecturer, ECE Department, CST Treasurer- Ms. Kezang Dema, IT Department, CST
The meeting also discussed on the International conference that the subsection wishes to organize and host in 2019/2020. International conference on Science, Engineering and Technology was conceptualized in this meeting.
There were two more special committee meeting on 11th April 2019 and 21st May 2019 to discuss on the details and the way forward for the conference. Most of the details including website, call for paper, location and technical committee were decided in these meetings and brought to the next general meeting.
Three more general meetings were called on 28th June 2019, 18th July 2019 and 16th October 2019 to work on the conference details, sponsors details and drafting the invitation letters for the conference.
Inter Collegiate programming contest.
18th May 2019
- A programming contest organized in collaboration with ACM student chapter for students in various colleges in Bhutan
- 10 teams with three members each from various colleges were selected through competitive round for the one day finals at the college. The teams participated in solving various problems and winners generated.
Seminars and Professional Development
- 30-31 October 2019
- Student Seminar on advances in Electrical Engineering in collaboration with the department of Electrical Engineering
- All 56 Final year students made individual oral presentations on various field under Electrical Engineering presenting various
- 18/10/2019 – Student Seminar on Various topics in Civil Engineering
- All 105 Final year students made individual oral presentations on various field under Civil Engineering presenting various
Innovation for Disaster Management Through the e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative (eLSI)
24-26 July 2019
- A team of experts from various fields including disaster, embedded system, entrepreneur, GIS and robotics came together to resource design thinking workshop to 5 groups of teams comprising of mixture of faculty and student. The teams generated different ideas and came up with solution in the field of disaster management and made regular pitch to optimize their product. The final pitch was also attended by the Mayor of Phuentsholing City and Indian Consulate to Bhutan.
- A team of 25 participants and 10 guests attended the workshop.
Introduction to Robotics - Through the e-Yantra Lab Setup Initiative (eLSI)
19-21 June 2019
- Introduction to robotics was scheduled for faculty teams from four member colleges in Bhutan and one student group consisting of 4-members each. Two resource person from IIT Bombay gave the hands on training on Firebird-V.
- 26 members including participants and guests attended the workshop for three days.
Workshop on Familiarization of FabLAB
21 March 2019
- Workshop on Familiarization of FabLAB for both students and staff in collaboration with office of Dean Research, JICA and Bhutan FabLab and Department of ECE.
- All students in BE4ECE, BE4EE, BE4IT, BE5Arch and BE3ECE along with faculty of ECE, IT and Electrical Attended the workshop where the team from FabLAB presented on various tools in FabLAB and demonstrated their works.
- A total of 157 students, 16 staff and 6 guests attended the workshop.